Thank you so much for sharing your feedbacks with us. As a way of saying thank you for choosing VoguePay, we are happy to announce that we have reviewed our fund maturity period accordingly.
For Naira transactions, you will no longer have to wait for 48 hours for funds to mature in your wallet. You can now withdraw funds to your bank account 24 hours after transactions, otherwise known as T+1. Also, for transactions in currencies like US Dollars, Euro, GBP, Ghanaian Cedis, Kenyan Shillings and South African Rands, we have reviewed maturity period from 7 days to 5 days (T+5) based on popular demands. Be reminded to configure auto-withdrawal for your account if you want your transactions to be settled to your bank account instantly, upon maturity.
These new changes will start reflecting in your VoguePay account as soon as you are live on the new VoguePay 3.0 platform.
P.S: The migration of accounts to the new platform is taking place in phases to ensure that it is seamless for all merchants. Don’t be surprised to wake up and see the new platform live for your business. So, get ready to login to your brand new account with your existing VoguePay account details and be assured that your account information are intact.
Hurray! I am excited to let you know that VoguePay 3.0 is going live on Monday 5th February, 2018.
VoguePay 3 is our updated payment gateway that is 3 times more powerful and more “beautiful” than its predecessor. With this new platform, it is easier to send and receive payments, and the user experience has been simplified to improve revenue generation for merchants.
Meet VoguePay 3.0
The journey to VoguePay 3.0 started several months ago, when we sent out a survey to ask our users what they want in the new VoguePay. Their feedbacks, as well as our internal research led us to focus on 3 key areas.
(1) Increase payment collection options
(2) improve transaction success rates
(3) Develop more business tools and internal dashboards that are free to use.
In addition to core product functionalities, we redesigned the whole user experience to offer unique payment experience for global audience. This also aligns with the biggest feedback we got from our merchants.
Here is a peek of what is inside….
A section of the new dashboard (the navigations have been simplified for easy access)
So, what’s changing and what’s new?
Actually, a lot is changing, below are few of them:
- You can now open a VoguePay account by selecting any country as your “home country”. As a result, you will be able to withdraw money to your bank account in default currencies of the country of your choice while your customers can pay you in any currency.
- We now support multiple ways of accepting payment like bitcoin, card funding, QR code, direct debit and cash payments etc.
- We did a major overhaul to improve the merchant dashboard with actionable insight for your business.
- By default, you can now accept one-time or subscription billings and automate your payment collections. And there are so many more….
I understand that you are looking forward to this, but may possibly have concerns if this new development might result to “killing” some incredible features of VoguePay 2.
This is a good time to address that concern.
What should you be concerned about?
First, let me answer possible concerns and assure you that the process of migrating to the new VoguePay 3 platform will be seamless. However, here are few concerns I want to address.
- When exactly will the new payment gateway be available to users? The new payment gateway will go live on 5th February, 2018. This means that we will migrate all merchants from the old website to a new one.
- Will I lose any of my data, my money or have to change my password when VoguePay 3.0 launches? The migration to the new platform is seamless and it will not affect information stored in our database. That means that your password, account setting, wallet balance are all safe. You don’t have to do anything to protect your data.
- What exactly is changing? We completely changed the architecture of the old VoguePay in order to improve efficiency. This addressed issues like database timeouts and current inefficiencies of VoguePay 2. Most of the these things are under the hood and do not affect what you see. What you might notice is that we have redesigned the user experience.
- Will it be difficult to navigate VoguePay 3.0 ? Obviously, we moved things around a lot with the new design. But navigations are easier than before, even, if you have any troubles, you can easily refer to the tooltips and functional guides on our support center blog.
- What should you do if things don’t work as expected? Migrating to a new platform is usually a complex process, but we have in-house experts who are working round the clock to ensure there is minimum impact to your business. However, there could be some cases of downtime (which will be minimal) during the process. We will send you more information so you know what to expect and how to be prepared. After the migration, if you have specific issues with you account, please use any of the channels below to get in touch with us:
What the press is saying about the new VoguePay 3.0
There have been a lot of positive feedbacks to the new platform, including from leading publications like BusinessDay, Guardian and Punch newspapers as well as several other online publications. In their coverage, BusinessDay hailed VoguePay 3 as digital multi-currency payment platform and comments on how this new gateway is strategic to the growth of small and medium scale businesses in Nigeria.
This is the beginning of the future
The entire team of VoguePay is super-excited about this new platform and can’t wait to see how it improves the revenue of our merchants.
Even though we are barely 1 month into 2018, we have recorded other significant feats which will be announced soon, like our collaboration with International Police (INTERPOL) as well as our invitation to join the international acceleration programme of one of the leading accelerators in Silicon Valley that have the likes of PayPal, DropBox and LendingCo in its community.
That means that there are more exciting days ahead. Let’s make the journey together.