You can generate payment link to request payment from customers. Payment link can be used in multiple ways:
- To send payment request via social media channels like WhatsApp, Facebook or even email and SMS. This is useful especially if you do not have a website.
- To receive payment with custom platforms that VoguePay does not have native integration for (e.g Wix, Squarespace, Shopify etc)
- Can be used anytime you don’t want to generate a payment button (for example, you can use payment link to hyperlink a text e.g you can say, “click here to pay”)
You can generate different types of a payment link or donation button via the business solutions section.
In short steps, to create a payment link,
- Select integration method:
- Memo: Customize this for the recipient to know the purpose of the payment request
- Merchant store: This is optional
- Developer code: This is optional
- Notification URL, Success URL and Failure URL: These URLs let your customers know the status of that transaction as well as the next thing to do in order to access what they paid for. Read this guide to set up notification URL
- Input only the BASIC details necessary for the transaction*. If a required field is omitted, the system will notify you.
- If you are a developer, you can use the Merchant Ref column to fetch data from VoguePay
- If you are integrating for an end-user, you can integrate your developer code to earn commission from the transaction. Follow this guideline
Click submit button to generate a payment link. After your payment link is completed, you can copy the payment the HTML code generated to integrate to your website.
Another option (especially if you don’t have a website) is to copy the link. Visit the “payment links” tab to copy the purchase link. The tab also gives you performance report of the link like the number of “hits” i.e visits to the payment page etc.
It is as simple as that.
How will customers pay with the link?
You can choose to send the link to your customers on Facebook, Whatsapp or any medium, including your website.
When your customer receives the payment request, they can make payment by clicking on the link you sent them. They are redirected to VoguePay checkout page where the payment would be completed using the payment options available to your account .