.As a developer, you can receive commission on every transaction fee that VoguePay charges. This happens if you integrate your developer code to the site or you developed a payment plugin for VoguePay. Your developer commission is 30% and is valid for 2 years.
Please note that you cannot earn developer commission on your own transactions; the recipient must have a different VoguePay username before you can qualify for commission. Also, note that developer code is different from affiliate code. Everybody can participate in affiliate programme to earn 10% commission, but it is only developers that can earn developers commission of 30%.
(You can learn more about affiliate programme on VoguePay).
How to locate and generate your developer code:
- To locate your developer code, you need to be logged in to your VoguePay account. Once you logged in, you can access developer code here.
- You can create new developer code by clicking on “generate developer code” button.
- Username: This is your VoguePay username
- Developer code: This is the code you generated (it is advisable that you can generate different developer code for each site you create for your client)
- Start date: Day when the code was generated.
- End date: Day when the code will expire (it is advisable to input a date, exactly two years from when you generate the code)
- Developer code used: Number of times the code was used
- Transaction completed: The total number of transactions that was completed.
- Total earn: This is the amount credited to your wallet as developer commission
- Status: This indicates if the developer code is active or not.
With the insights from your dashboard, you can know which of your developer codes is generating revenue.
How to integrate your developer code to client website:
The next step is to integrate the developer code to your customers’ site. The method you use depends on you.
Option 1: If your development is PHP and you are writing the application from scratch, you can integrate using simple HTML form. Simply replace the appropriate line of code with your own developer code that you generated above. Here is the link to the API documentation.
- You can use “Ctrl + F” function to find where to insert the developer code in the HTML form, then paste the code (see image below).
Option 2: If your client site is using any of the open source platforms that VoguePay support in our plugin library, then you simply download the package and install on your client’s website. During the installation process, you will be prompted to insert your developer code (please note that there is no provision to integrate developer code for some of our plugins).
If you have further questions, please send a mail to email@example.com