Below is a detailed step-by-step guide to help you complete the business verification for your VoguePay account. If you need assistance, chat with us on Facebook https://m.me/voguepay or send a ticket to email@example.com
Why do you need to verify your business account on VoguePay ?
- Business verification is the next step a user takes after completing account signup.
- Verification process ensures that every merchant meets our due diligence criteria that include collecting adequate information about you and your business. With this, we can ensure that each merchant using VoguePay is trustworthy and can be contacted in cases of dispute resolutions or charge-back.
Verification is an important step, hence, if a merchant has not done it, they cannot use their VoguePay account to accept payment. Instead, this is what they see on their payment checkout page:
How do I initiate the business account verification process?
- To start the process of business verification, please log in to your VoguePay account (login here).
- From your dashboard click on the “business verification” menu or you can go directly ( here is the link.).
There are basic information we need to collect about your business, but before you click on the “Proceed” button let’s review SOME KEY information you need to prepare for.
STEP 1: Make sure your website is encrypted with SSL.
Encrypting your website will ensure that the information your users submit are protected. On VoguePay, we expect that you have a site-wide encryption that covers all sub-domains and folders where users might be asked to provide personal or confidential information, especially on checkout pages.
When correctly done, your site will now display with https://, instead of normal http://
You can take the right steps to encrypt your website with free providers like LetsEncrypt or invest in premium SSL provider to guarantee maximum protection against phishing.
STEP 2: Update your contact us page.
Clearly display how you can be contacted. Your contact info can be in the footer area or as part of information in your “terms and conditions page”, or it can have its own dedicated “About us/Contact us” page.
It must have the following information:
(a) Your company’s physical address (must correspond with what is provided to VoguePay)
(b) Your contact email address (that your customers can use to contact you for dispute resolution)
(c) Your phone numbers (preferably a business line)
Here is an example of “Contact Us” in a website footer.
STEP 3: Indicate required policy pages on your website.
STEP 4: Ensure your website can collect customer KYC
Most often, businesses collect information about their customers during registration or checkout. For example, before a user can checkout from an eCommerce store, the store will collect adequate billing or shipping details about them before they proceed to make payment.
This means that when your user clicks checkout, they need to provide some information before you finally direct them to the payment page.
That checkout experience must collect the following information:
- Full name.
- Email address
- Phone number and
- Physical address of customer (optional for digital products, software, and downloadable products)
- Order detail, i.e, information about what is being paid for (Collecting this information will enable you to easily generate invoice or waybill for the transaction which can be needed in cases of transaction disputes)
(1) Most eCommerce solutions like WordPress or Joomla have plugins or modules for this. If you use custom application to develop your website, you should ask your developers to build this feature into it. Ensure you make these changes to your website as soon as you submit your business verification request.
(2) In case you do not have a website you need to show proof that you are collecting customer information before payment.
STEP 5: Upload your personal and business information.
At this stage of the verification process you will be asked to upload the relevant documents needed for your business verification. This is the final stage of the verification.
The information to upload should include (a) Certificate of business incorporation (if you have a corporate entity), (b) Any valid government-issued ID card (International Passport /National ID Card / Driver’s License/ Voter’s card), (c) Utility bill (energy, water or waste management bill etc).
It is recommended that you have ready all the documents you want to upload for business verification. The size of each document should not be more than 500kb in acceptable formats like PNG, JPEG or .pdf).
Below are what you should keep in mind:
- Ensure that the business document is up to date. For example, the utility bill presented must NOT be older than 3 months from the date of your business verification request. (The bill can be for electricity, water or waste management). The utility bill you present needs to match the address in your business certificate documents or the one displayed in your VoguePay account profile.
- Your identity card should be government-issued. While there might be some waivers (exemptions), we expect you to provide a government-issued card. This can be state or National levels.
- For statement of account, it must bear a bank stamp to confirm authenticity and should note be more than 3 months from the date of your business verification request.
NOTE: Nigerian merchants can present their bank verification number (BVN) in place of items 2 and 3
STEP 6: Accept our verification fee.
After uploading your documents, the final step is to tick the checkbox to confirm you accept our terms to deduct verification fee from your wallet when you start accepting payment.
Why do we accept verification fee ?
In order to verify the KYC of businesses we support, we perform background checks using third-party vendors. There are associated costs for this service. We have chosen to subsidize this fee as follows:
- International merchants: $19.99 or its equivalent in euro, pounds and other currencies.
- Nigerian merchants that have a registered business entity: N1,500
- Nigerian merchants that do not have a registered business: N2,500
Approved or not approved ? How we decide accounts that get approved
What happens after your documents are submitted?
Our compliance team begins their assessment by reviewing your business documents and information you submitted to us. The result of your verification will be communicated to you between 1 to 5 business day.
Verified account displays a badge and enables you to use the full suite of VoguePay platform.
NOTE: If you are required to provide additional or replacement document for assessment, you will NOT be able to upload it from the portal. You will need to send it to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org