What is evidence of service delivery?
When are you required to provide evidence of service delivery ?
- Case 1: In cases of chargeback requests from your customers. We request for ESD for the particular transaction affected as the evidence that you provided the service. This will assist us to response to query from Banks.
- Case 2: In cases of first-time withdrawal request. We use ESD to evaluate some of the transactions carried out on your website and confirm that services paid for are rendered.
What a standard ESD should include
- Name and email address and phone number of buyer
- Name of product or service paid for and amount paid
- Any other useful info (like date stamp etc)
How you can collect the info that will appear on your ESD.
Our best recommendation is for merchants to design to website to have a checkout process that collects adequate information about the customer’s order before payment is made.
Below is an example.