Reversal is when money that has been credited to your VoguePay wallet is debited.
This happens before or after the maturity period of the funds when the transaction is suspected to be fraudulent.
- For example, if the cards used for the payment on your site is confirmed to be compromised by the suspected fraudster, the Bank instantly reverses the transaction thereby debiting VoguePay of the amount paid to you, hence we will notify you and deduct the money from your account accordingly.
- In other cases, an unsatisfied customer (someone who paid on your site using VoguePay) mandates his/her bank to reverse the payment. When VoguePay receives such notice, we notify the merchants so they can take appropriate action.
Causes of chargebacks and reversal request.
Some of the reasons for reversal requests could be due to serious issues like:
Others reasons include when:
Services is not provided by Merchant or merchandise not received by customer.
Services received but not as described or defective merchandise.
How Voguepay Mediates Reversal Or Charge Backs Requests
When we receive chargeback requests from Banks or customers, we send email to our merchants to notify them of this development.
On receipt on the chargeback request, the merchant can authorize the chargeback or provide evidence that the service that the customer paid for was delivered. (NOTE: Merchant needs to provide evidence of service delivery which should include receipt or invoice of transaction in PDF format).
If merchants does not provide evidence of service delivery within the time frame stipulated by the bank, the reversal /chargeback request will be honoured.
How to prevent reversal/chargeback
To prevent cases of charge back or reversal requests, we will advise that you:
- Send your customers receipts as proof that service is rendered.
- Communicate your service delivery time and policies so your customers can have clear expectations about your services
- Have details of your customers (KYC) so you can easily reach them when they have concerns.
Have your contact information on your website for your customer to communicate with you.