We recently published a series of short answers to questions about the Do Not Disturb issue. You will recollect that DND was introduced by Telco regulators in Nigeria last year to prevent delivery of unsolicited SMS messages (mostly from telecommunications companies to their users)
The effect of the implementation is that many important messages like wedding announcements, church or meeting notices sent via bulkSMS are no longer getting delivered to recipients. A lot of people complained about this, so our editorial team published a post to educate users on the (possible negative) impacts of activating DND and how to opt out of it to enable them receive messages.
eStoreSMS has since activated a new SMS gateway that allows SMS to be delivered to any phone number even when DND is activated by the user. Estore is one of the few providers of this service in Nigeria. This special route is priced differently from the regular SMS channel. Please contact support by email (info@estoreSMS) to learn more about pricing for this solution.
EstoreSMS also has REST API functionalities to power SMS notifications from your web application. You can also top up your airtime (MTN, GLO, Airtime and Etisalat) on eStoreSMS
10 tips in the #DoYouKnow series.
Here is a compilation of 10 tips in the #DoYouKnow series.
1. #DoYouKnow that the Use of scam and spam words as sender ID and in message content can restrict your SMS from getting to the recipient. #SmsSensitization #EstoreSms
2. #DoYouKnow that when the recipient’s phone number is out of network coverage, it can also restrict your SMS from getting to the recipient. #SmsSensitization #EstoreSms
3. #DoYouKnow that if DND (Do-No-Disturb) service is active on a phone number, it can be a major factor why SMS does not deliver to the recipient.
To deactivate DND (Do-No-Disturb) on your phone numbers here are the codes:
- For MTN Lines Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text ALLOW to 2442.
- For AIRTEL lines Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text OUT to 2442.
- For GLO Lines Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text CANCEL to 2442.
- For ETISALAT LinesText STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text START to 2442
4. #AmSureYouKnow that invalid/incorrect PHONE NUMBER format is a major factor in #SMS failure. #SmsSensitization #EstoreSms
5. #DoYouKnow that ported phone number has been a major factor in SMS FAILURE. #SmsSensitization #EstoreSms
6. #AmSureYouKnow that Invalid/Incorrect phone number is a major factor in SMS FALURE. #SmsSensitization #EstoreSms
7. #DoYouKnow that error on operator’s SMS server or bulk SMS service provider’s server is a major factor in SMS FAILURE. #SmsSensitization #EstoreSms
8. #DoYouKnow that if the recipient’s phone inbox is full or his/her message application is frozen, it could be a major cause of SMS FAILURE. #SmsSensitization #EstoreSms
9. #DoYouKnow that if the recipient’s phone is switch off for long (more than 48 -72hours) it could be a major cause of SMS FAILURE. #SmsSensitization #EstoreSms
10. #AmSureYouKnow that when the #Sender has insufficient credit balance to send the SMS, the SMS might fail to get to the recipient. #SmsSensitization #EstoreSms
You can see the whole series on eStoreSMS’ Facebook page.
Not yet a user on eStoreSMS?
You can sign up for a free account on eStoreSMS premium bulkSMS service as a user or reseller. Check out their website.